When we developed the Tarmac Disc, we didn't just want it to be fast. We wanted it to be fast everywhere. Long climbs, windy flats, Grand Tour stages, local fondos—we built a race bike to be the most complete out there. How’d we do it? We started with our Rider-First Engineered frame with a perfectly-tuned ride quality for every size, added in some serious aero tech that makes it 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers than the Tarmac SL5, and then made it 20% lighter. Nothing is lighter, faster, and better handling. This Tarmac comes with a reliable spec that includes Shimano 105 mechanical shifting and quick-stopping hydraulic disc brakes, durable DT R470 Disc wheels, and our fan-favorite Power saddle.
- For the construction of the Tarmac, we utilized advanced aerospace composite optimization software to revolutionize the construction and layup of our new FACT 9r carbon.
- 500 pieces creating 7 different sizes with the same tuned ride–that’s Rider-First Engineered. We examine every ply of carbon on every frame size to ensure that all of our performance targets come through. To make sure you get the perfect ride, every frame gets a unique layup schedule with different ply arrangements, orientations, quantities of material in specific areas, and sometimes, even exclusive thicknesses and types of carbon itself.
- Aerodynamics is the most important thing we can do to make you faster, but with the Tarmac, we added aero features without any cost to weight. Through development, areas were discovered where we could add aero for free—a new fork shape and dropped seatstays with aero tubes. The result? A Tarmac that’s approximately 30 seconds faster over 40 kilometers.
- The updated the geometry is based on countless Retül data points and professional rider input. This enabled us to develop a Performance Road Geometry that perfects the combination of a responsive front-end and short wheelbase, which delivers instantaneous response and optimal power transfer.
|Frame||Tarmac SL6, FACT 9r carbon, Rider-First Engineered, threaded BB, clean routing, 12x142mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
|Fork||FACT 10r carbon, 12x100mm thru-axle, flat-mount disc|
Front: 12x100mm thru-axle
Rear: 12x142mm thru-axle
|Rims/Wheels||DT R470 Disc, sealed cartridge hubs, 14g spokes, 24h|
|Tires||Turbo Pro, 60 TPI, folding bead, BlackBelt protection, 700x26mm|
|Crankset||Shimano 105 R7000, HollowTech 2, 11-speed|
|Bottom Bracket||Shimano threaded|
|Chain||KMC X11 EL, 11-speed w/ Missing Link|
|Front Derailleur||Shimano 105 R7000, braze-on|
|Rear Derailleur||Shimano 105 R7000-GS, medium cage|
|Cassette/Rear Cogs||Shimano 105 R7000, 11-speed, 11-30T|
|Shifters||Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc|
|Handlebars||Specialized Shallow Drop, 6061, 70x125mm, 31.8mm clamp|
|Stem||Specialized, 3D-forged alloy, 4-bolt, 7-degree rise|
|Brakes||Shimano 105 R7070, hydraulic disc|
|Saddle||Body Geometry Power Sport|
|Seat Post||S-Works FACT carbon 27.2mm, 20mm offset|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Gloss Carbon/Chameleon / 58cm||888818554157||90620-6158||SPE20-TARSPT+06|